Lootfest: Live Design Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Piranha 3d Dvdrip
The undead battle system EmptyMarch 18th 2014, 9:10 pm by vergejaedi

» Piranha 3d Dvdrip
The undead battle system EmptyMarch 18th 2014, 9:09 pm by vergejaedi

» Sailor Moon 5 (167-200)
The undead battle system EmptyDecember 19th 2013, 10:41 am by 

» Cobalt Strike Free Download
The undead battle system EmptyDecember 19th 2013, 9:45 am by 

» Slenderman Spawn Glitch
The undead battle system EmptySeptember 15th 2013, 5:30 pm by MasterHalo937

The undead battle system

5 posters

Go down

The undead battle system Empty The undead battle system

Post by Fabian Viking January 23rd 2012, 9:12 pm

To be honest I think the current undead fighting is really boring, at some time I would like to put a few weeks on making it really interesting. I have a bunch of directions I think we could go with this:

Order vs Chaos?
Should the battle be nicely ordered in wave after wave (like gear3 horde) or should they just pop in random more like Minecraft?

Intergration vs different game mode?
If I keep the battle part of the creation, like now, people can fight zombies in their nice castles they make. Or the other hand, making a separate survival mode would allow me to limit the resources and make it a lot more challenging. Maybe you would have to collect coins or materials to be able to build. The monsters could also be more destructive more explosions and all that.
Fabian Viking
Fabian Viking
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

The undead battle system Empty Re: The undead battle system

Post by ToxicDeath January 23rd 2012, 9:18 pm

I think we should be able to decide between order and chaos but i would have it on random for me!

same for the integration vs different game mode i think the people would rather than choosing one! i would prefer the integration though!
ToxicDeath
ToxicDeath
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by bob January 23rd 2012, 9:27 pm

I'd personally prefer it to be 2 different modes.

For lack of a better term calling LF as it is now, creative mode where you can choose if you want to fight or not is good. If I'm trying to build something I don't want to be bothered by a zombie chasing me about every 2 minutes. But it would also be nice to have a way to create a more constant stream of zombies too, a spawn block would probably be the easiest.

I like the idea of a survival mode with just random spawning of enemies. Perhaps you could have a few difficulty settings for slow/medium/fast spawning. Add in a few weapon types/material/things like that and it would be extremely fun. In my opinion anyways
bob
bob
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix January 25th 2012, 8:04 am

We should keep the mode we have now because I love how we can just build and fight zombies and the waves keep increasing and getting more harder and plus with the animation maker I'm thinking we can create our own monsters to spawn in the waves this would be so fun, also how we have infinite resources and can build to play toys with friends. But they are a little boring but I think the animation maker would help that and maybe just make it harder by increasing the number of zombies that spawn and making them more harder to kill by adding more health to them and also if possible making them more smarter and dangerous. Also to really make this fun add a zombie spawner that spawns monsters all the time where ever you place them ,even when there isn't a wave the monster should still spawn where you placed it so if you walk up to a house wit a spawner inside, it should be crawling wit zombies. and the spawner should be bought in the shop,very expensive and you should have to buy 1 each time you need 1 instead of having a infinite amount once u buy it.

And as for the new survival mode I think we should keep the waves but add limited lives so once each player in the session runs out of lives the game its over and they would have to start all over and maybe add leaderboards for this to show what wave they made it to. Also take away the infinite resources and put them in the shop so we have to collect coins first from the easy beginning waves to build shelter and forts. Also for this mode have it in a limited space if possible . And add more weapons such as shooting types. And have it to where we have limited time to build inbetween waves or add a timer that shows up on the screen that displays how much time you have to build before next wave or have it to where the majority of players in the game have to vote start wave for a 30 sec timer counts down. I like the last option for the build phase but which ever 1 would be great. When a player dies for this mode on there last live they should be able to be revived by the other players but at a cost of course maybe can add revive shots or something in the shop. Maybe could add armor too. Make it drop in drop out and maybe start us with 3 lives.

This would be a very fun if added as a new mode and would keep players playing.

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix January 25th 2012, 8:22 am

Forget to add for the new game mode add a shop keeper so we don't have to press start and like I said the map should be limited so we don't build to far from shop keeper.

And for also for the mode we have now add a player vs player mini game that can be started by host like the races and have option like number of rounds. Or lives . Also add health bar to toys so we can have dogfights and death races with rc cars. It needs a health bar instead of 1 shot it dies so we can actually have battles with toys.

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabian Viking January 25th 2012, 8:48 am

You gave me an idea here:
Why not have only custom made monsters in the creation mode and then move the zombies to a separate survival mode?
Fabian Viking
Fabian Viking
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicDeath January 25th 2012, 9:31 am

Could we keep them in creation mode if we wanted?
ToxicDeath
ToxicDeath
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabian Viking January 25th 2012, 9:39 am

I think it kinda take the edge from the excitement if the zombies are everywhere, better to put in some other standard monsters in creation mode that you can use.
Fabian Viking
Fabian Viking
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix January 25th 2012, 9:53 am

You mean create the zombies in creative mode then take them to survivor mode

Or taking away the current zombies and only use ur created monsters for the current creative gamemode

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabian Viking January 25th 2012, 10:01 am

"taking away the current zombies and only use ur created monsters for the current creative gamemode"
Yes that, zombies will still remain, but in the survival mode
Fabian Viking
Fabian Viking
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix January 25th 2012, 10:11 am

Yes that would be cool also I'm dying to see how this animation thing will work. Can't wait for a vid on it .

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix January 25th 2012, 10:18 am

Also for survival have waves like gears and for creative have spawners along wit da waves so we can just place them where we want zombies to spawn randomly and also have your created monsters spawn every two minutes as the actual waves like it is now unless the host changes the settings to horde off ofcourse. And if possible set wat wave you want each monster to spawn. For instance how you save the fat zombie for the later waves. Will we also be able to set certain created zombies to certain waves?

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by ToxicDeath January 25th 2012, 6:25 pm

I would like the option to keep the current zombies in creative too. Maybe under the menu maybe under settings.
ToxicDeath
ToxicDeath
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix February 21st 2012, 1:32 am

Is it possible to add the zombie spawners for the update and also to make them more difficult

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabian Viking February 21st 2012, 4:39 am

Not in this update, its just a few days away, and I have a day job now. But I have finally figured out how I want to do this. Im gonna split the game in two modes:

Creative
Here you only have the monsters you create yourself, any type of weapon the host setup. Block building as usual

Survival
The zombies are moved here. You have limited building. This will be more like classic minecraft.
Fabian Viking
Fabian Viking
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by xI MoB BoSS Ix February 21st 2012, 11:57 am

limited building? Do u mean were only have certain blocks or not that much time to build because the waves or constanly spawning or...?

xI MoB BoSS Ix
Stone
Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan30k August 16th 2012, 10:31 pm

should make an option on the pause menu to force spawn a zombie wave cos i sometimes sit there waiting for teh zombies but they take ages!

Dan30k
Grass
Grass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum